Senior Data Engineer
Powered Analytics is hiring a Sr. Data Engineer to develop back-end infrastructure for our real-time machine learning based recommendation, analytics, and localization platform that delivers recommendations to thousands to millions of mobile devices per second.
- engineer a real-time data processing platform
- develop recommendation platform capable of handling disparate inputs from multiple streams (clicks, locations, purchases, etc)
- develop scalable back-end storage and analytics infrastructure
- develop novel machine learning models
Technologies (in order of importance)
- JVM development, prefer scala 2.10+ (Akka 2.2+, Spray)
- NoSQL, RDBMS, and key-value stores (redis or similar)
- aws: ec2, s3 (interoperability with almost all above technologies), cloudfront, route 53, etc.
- machine learning: mahout / oryx / spark MLlib / scikit-learn (graphX or similar, a big plus)
- hadoop / hdfs / hive
- spark (batch and streaming)
- git / Github
- chef (or puppet, docker, etc.)
- unix/linux and bash scripting
- bonus: js / d3 / ember
Relevant Skills (in order of importance)
- tight, clean, scalable, and secure software engineering
- ability to hack, learn, evolve, and iterate - with hyper focus and minimal oversight
- API design, implementation, and deployment
- architecture design, parallelization, and scalability
- machine learning
- real-time streaming processes
- competitive salary + stock options
- flexible work hours - we work very hard, but have unlimited vacation
- fast pace, latest tech, fully open source, rad + focused work environment
Powered Analytics is a venture-backed startup in Pittsburgh, PA with customers ranging from government to the Fortune 1000.
Please send resumes to
Collin Otis, CEO: cotis (AT) poweredanalytics.com
Link to job posting in PDF format.